Share of thoughts

I created this blog to share my life with you. In this blog, I hope to give motivation to you and take encouragement from you.

"Jiayou" is originated from Chinese, meaning to refill petrol in the machine so it works. Whenever we feel tired or disappointed, if people said this word to you. You will feel "energy being refill within you".

Chitika

Thursday 28 January 2016

Funny moments in my school life (Fried carrot cake)

I actually unsure whether am I a creative person..lols...but I tend to do alot of unexpected creative thimgs to surprise others.

In my secondary school, i used to attend home economics lesson to learn how to cook. We were group in team of two. My partner was a virtuous girl who always helped her mum in cooking. I had no problem obtaining marks when team with her. She was a fast worker and she could not tolerate my  slow and clumsy action. I was "appointed" as food taster instead, to quality check (QC) on the end product. The teacher was very impressed on our yummy food.

There was one day, she was on medical leave. I was forced to team up with another girl who was same as me, clueless on cooking. The lesson was to fry carrot cake, I initiated to do the cooking and she did the preparation of ingredients. The first step was to steam the carrot cake. Secondly, fried onions till it was golden brown. I thought it should be very simple coz I was not colour blind, i sure know how golden brown looked like. So i poured oil, put garlic, the colour became light brown and guessed what?...it turned black. I was shocked. But we were running out of time, i just put the steamed carrot cake in and started to add soya sauce and Tada! The end result was out.

We were the last batch to serve our unique carrot cake to the "Empress Dowager", our Home Economic Teacher. "Wow...i didnt guide you to add dark sauce, u were so creative", she praised us. We were clueless what she meant. When she ate the first bite and her expression was.....i could visualise my good record had gone down to the drain. She was fuming but well...the lecture was a gentle and soft one. She was a petite and quite a good tempered person, my carrot cake seem like a bomb landed on her that instant, she managed to regain her usual self shortly.

I was asked to team with that girl in my subsequent class...omg...luckily i only had two last classes that last semester...whats a relief.

I should have tried my best to learn the cooking skill then so i wont get to eat so much instant noodles. Nevertheless i still want encourage you if u are learning cooking. Jiayou!

No comments:

Post a Comment