Share of thoughts

I created this blog to share my life with you. In this blog, I hope to give motivation to you and take encouragement from you.

"Jiayou" is originated from Chinese, meaning to refill petrol in the machine so it works. Whenever we feel tired or disappointed, if people said this word to you. You will feel "energy being refill within you".

Chitika

Monday 16 November 2015

Funny moments in my working life (Appraisal)

My first job appraisal was really funny indeed..lols. Let me share with you snd make it your day.

I was only graduated from high school and was so lucky to get employed by bank. One day,  my branch manager summoned me to her office. I was anxious while approaching to her room because I could deduce I must have gotten a complaint from customer again. This was not the first time I went into her room anyway since my six months career in the bank. The feeling was so deja vu. I used to summon by my school principal in the past, the same feeling I had when I walked to the principal room. 

I knocked on her door and had a "calming" look at her. I got mentally prepared with the lecture. She told me to take a seat. I was thinking, she usually lectured me while I was standing. This time, I was been offered a seat. "This time must be very long lecture" I thought. She was flipping some papers and said to me: "I shall give you an appraisal". I cracked a smile, a smile as if I struck a lottery. You would never guess why I was so happy to have appraisal because I mistook "A praise". my mind started to think wild and kept recapping which customer whom I served so well till he or she complimented me, as such I got "a praise" from my branch manager. My smile was still "fixed" on my face. My manager lifted up her head and asked me in a stern tone: "Why you are so happy doing appraisal". 

I replied her: "because you want to praise me, can you let me know which customer gave the compliment to me? Can I take a look on the compliment letter?". I began to grin from ear to ear. Her look was so stunned that made me puzzled why she found it hard to praise me. Suddenly she broke up in laughter, so loud that my colleagues started to peek in the room through a window in the door. She handed the papers she was reading when my mind ran wild. The form stated "Yearly appraisal exercise". 

I gave her a pretty lost look. She changed the appraisal into another term which I could easily understand. "You received report book in school yearly?, she asked. I nodded my head. She continued "Now I am like your form teacher telling you the grade and performance you had with us". 

My heart began to beat from "soothing music to pop music". Anyway, she still leniently gave me a satisfactory grade. I was pretty grateful to her kindness.

Do you just laugh? So perhaps smile abit....hehe...maybe not so funny to you. I shall keep up to let you know more of me.

Lets jiayou : )

No comments:

Post a Comment