Share of thoughts

I created this blog to share my life with you. In this blog, I hope to give motivation to you and take encouragement from you.

"Jiayou" is originated from Chinese, meaning to refill petrol in the machine so it works. Whenever we feel tired or disappointed, if people said this word to you. You will feel "energy being refill within you".

Chitika

Friday 13 November 2015

Funny moments in my working life (Parrot)

I started working full time in a permanent job in the bank at the age of eighteen. It was a immediate switch from high school to office clerk. I was pretty immature in thinking and always caused troubles to my immediate superior. It was kind of her that she did not ask me to leave the bank..lols. I met all kind of customers, as mentioned in my first blog, I was not very fluent or strong in English. I remembered that was one caller spoken to me in a strong English accent. In order to ensure my understanding of his questions to me, I repeated his questions in every words and asked him was I correct. He was patiently replied me it was correct and I answered his question. However, he asked many questions following by my "to and fro" repeats, he was no longer replied me that my answer was correct. Our last conversation was like this:
Him: Are you a parrot?
Me repeated his question: Am I a parrot?
After "registering" the question to my brain, I replied: No Sir, I am not a parrot
Him in a annoying tone: then STOP repeating my questions and just answer them, can you?
Me in timid tone: Yes Sir.
I began to cover my mouth when he finished his sentence so I wouldn't automatically repeat his questions and listened very carefully to him.

I realised after I hanged up the call. I was indeed too lazy to listen in the past and always sought for affirmation. If not him who "corrected" my habit, I wouldn't be learning to listen to others.

Instead I got saddened by him yelling at me, I should be thankful to him for giving me a wake up call.

Whenever I told my friends about that incident, they will take it as a joke. But I want to pass the message to everyone, we gonna listen rather than speak up our thoughts to the latter who wants to pass the proper message across.

I am jiayou-ing to listen so do you. Let's jiayou!

No comments:

Post a Comment